In the 21st Century, situations arise in which you may need a lawyer. Whether you have been involved in a car accident caused by another driver, injured through medical negligence, or hurt in a workplace accident, it may be in your best interests to have an experienced injury attorney by your side.
Why Choose Meyers Flowers Bruno & Herrmann LLC?
At Meyers Flowers Bruno & Herrmann LLC, our Princeton lawyers have a history of success serving Princeton and other areas in the state of Illinois. We have built our success on the simple philosophy of putting our clients first. Not only will we stop at nothing to see that you get the settlement you deserve, but we are also committed to building lasting trust-based relationships with our clients.
What Types of Cases Do We Handle?
Our team of Princeton trial lawyers includes some of the best attorneys in the area. Our lawyers have decades of experience in civil litigation, representing clients in matters ranging from real estate and commercial disputes to catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. Our practice areas include:
- Birth injuries
- Commercial disputes
- Defective medical products
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Wrongful death
Representing Truck Accident Victims
When a fully-loaded, 80,000 lb. tractor-trailer collides with a passenger vehicle, it can cause serious, catastrophic, or fatal injuries to passenger vehicle occupants. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), 4,440 large trucks and buses were involved in fatal crashes on the nation’s roadways in 2016. This is in addition to an estimated 119,000 injury crashes involving large trucks or buses that same year.
How Can We Help after a Large Truck Accident?
Large truck crashes are complex cases involving federal regulations and multiple potentially liable parties. Our Princeton injury attorneys are well-versed in trucking industry regulations. We have the skills, resources, and experience to reconstruct the accident, determine who was at fault, and aggressively pursue the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Legal Help in Workers Compensation Claims
If you have suffered a job-related injury, you are probably entitled to workers compensation benefits. Workers comp should cover:
- Medical expenses related to the injury, including emergency care, hospital care, doctor’s visits, physical therapy, and medications;
- Temporary Total Disability (TTD) benefits while you are off work recovering from your injuries; and
- Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) benefits to compensate you for any permanent disability or disfigurement.
Why You May Need an Attorney for a Workers Compensation Claim
Unfortunately, injured workers do not always easily receive their full benefits after reporting an injury to their employers. Your employer may deny your claim or offer a settlement that fails to cover all your losses. Our experienced injury lawyers can evaluate your case, prepare you for potential problems, and skillfully pursue maximum compensation for workplace injuries.
What Is Personal Injury?
Personal injury cases are legal disputes involving injury caused to a person’s body, mind, or emotions through the negligence or wrongdoing of another. These disputes may be resolved through:
- Informal settlement: Most personal injury cases are settled out of court between the claimant and the responsible parties, along with their insurers and attorneys.
- Lawsuit: A personal injury lawsuit begins with a civil complaint filed in court against the responsible party or parties.
How do I prove fault for my injuries in a personal injury claim?
In most personal injury cases arising from accidents, the basis for holding a person or company liable is negligence – when someone acts in a carless way that causes injury to another. To win a negligence claim, you must prove the following four elements:
- Duty: Defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances.
- Breach of duty: Defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act appropriately.
- Causation: Defendant’s actions or inactions caused the plaintiff’s injuries.
- Damages: Plaintiff suffered harm or injury as a result of defendant’s actions or inactions.
What damages can I claim in a personal injury case?
Whether your personal injury claim goes to trial or is settled out of court, you may claim compensatory damages -- to compensate you for the losses you have suffered. Your Princeton personal injury lawyer will help you ascertain the degree of damages. These may include:
- Economic damages, such as past and future medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning capacity, and physical therapy; and
- Non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, and loss of companionship.
In certain cases, punitive damages are also awarded by the court. These less common damages are designed to punish the defendant for particularly egregious conduct and to set an example to deter such conduct in the future.
What kind of track record does Meyers Flowers Bruno & Herrmann LLC have in personal injury matters?
Our litigation results speak for themselves at Meyers Flowers Bruno & Herrmann LLC. Our personal injury lawyers in Princeton, IL have recovered multi-million-dollar settlements and awards for our clients in a range of personal injury practice areas, including medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, birth injuries, sexual abuse, and defective products. We attribute our success to our firm’s guiding philosophy of putting our clients first.