Nursing home abuse or elderly neglect covers one or more of the following:
- Physical abuse: the infliction of injury or physical pain due to mistreatment which may include incidences of slapping, bruising, sexually molesting or restraining.
- Sexual abuse: non-consensual sexual contact of any kind.
- Emotional or psychological abuse: mental or emotional suffering due to mistreatment.
- Financial or material exploitation: the theft or inappropriate and improper use of an elderly or disabled person's property or money.
- Neglect: failure by the caretaker to provide the necessary care to avoid physical harm, mental anguish or mental illness, which may include abandonment, denial of food or the denial of care or needed health related services.
Meyers, Flowers, Bruno & Herrmann has a team of some of the top nursing home abuse lawyers in Illinois. Contact our Peru office at (815) 768-2199 located in Illinois or request a Free Case Evaluation online to find out how we can help you.